Tenant Permitted Payments Include:
- Tenancy Deposit (5 weeks deposit)
- Holding Deposit (1 weeks rent) non-refundable should the tenant change their mind, fail checks or falsify information
- Payments in the event of a default
- Payment on variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy
- Payment on termination (surrender) of a tenancy
- Payments in respect of Council Tax
- Payments for utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water or sewage)
- Payments for a television license
- Communication services (telephone other than a mobile telephone; the internet; cable television, satellite television)
- Green Deal charge
Tenancy Deposit is five weeks’ rent where the annual rent in respect of the tenancy.
NB: Five weeks’ rent means five times one week’s rent.
Retaining the holding deposit:
The holding deposit can be held if:
- The tenant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the deposit was accepted.
- The tenant provides false or misleading information.
- The tenant decides not to enter into a tenancy agreement.
- The tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement.
- Lost Keys
- Late rent payment
- Variation and novation of contract
- Change of sharer
- Surrender of tenancy
For detail on the default fees speak to a member of the team.